Protect Yourself – there are many laws and regulations you more than likely do not know. For example, did you know you still need to complete a seller property condition disclosure and where to obtain one? Who can help you with the closing. What does title insurance do. What is a tax stamp fee? If I’m located in an SID do I need to do something different? These are just a few that we are here to help walk you through.
Legal – licensed REALTORS® know the legal ins and outs of real estate where most sellers don’t know the legal parts of a home sale that could lead to being sued.
Sales price – National Association of REALTORS® and other sources will show that average homeowner can get up between 12 and 20% higher sales price vs. listing it on your own. How can that be? – MLS, marketing, lists of buyers, etc.
Timing – dedicated real estate professional sole focus to sell your home vs. you trying to coordinate things in your spare time. Sellers usually have a hard timing giving time to sell and burn the prime listing time and then hire an agent and lower the price.
Negotiations – REALTORS® can help become middleman between agents, escrow and title companies – help guide you to get the maximum price for your home.
So many people have purchased a home – and some many homes in the past – but have never sold one – here is what you should be prepared for when you’re ready to sell:
- Interview what agents will do for you- find one you trust
- Get a comparative market analysis – what are properties selling for, pending, sold, for sale today?
- Do you need Lead Paint Disclosure form completed?
- What do we want to get for our home – what’s the bottom
price you’ll consider?
- Who is all on the deed that will need to be involved in the
conversations and sign off on paperwork (spouse – siblings – etc)?
- what’s the balance of my mortgage – are there multiple
- Timeframe to want to close
- If we sell in a day are we ready to move in 30 days – if
it takes longer can we carry multiple payments?
- Do we need to sell prior to buying the next home?
- What can we anticipate for a net amount at closing after
- Do we want to do an inspection ahead of time?
- Any concerns on the house – any issues with the home
(roof, water in basement, etc)?
- Do we want to offer a home warranty
- …and many more tips and tricks which can be found here